- This event has passed.
LDN Talks: Bitcoin and Ethereum for Dummies
December 5, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm£15
Bitcoin, Ethereum and the future of digital currency
Bitcoin and Ethereum have been in the news a lot recently due to spectacular price rises.
But what exactly is Bitcoin? How is Ethereum different? Is it too late to get involved, or is this just the beginning?
In this talk I cover the essentials of cryptocurrencies, assuming no technical knowledge. At the end of the evening you’ll know:
* What Bitcoin is and how it works
* What a blockchain is and what it means for society
* The key differences between Bitcoin and Ethereum
* How to buy, sell and store digital currency
* What Smart Contracts are and how they will shape the future
* The latest cryptocurrency news (Bitcoin Cash, etc)
* About the world’s most expensive pizza!
This talk will give you the knowledge, tools and confidence you need to participate in the biggest technological shift since the creation of the Internet.
LDN Talks is a new concept which aims to re-invent your after work drinks. We’ve pulled together an impressive array of leading entrepreneurs, intellectuals, bright thinkers and incredible individuals to inspire your evenings.
Held in a hand picked range of bars across London, a LDN Talks event makes the perfect after work activity.
Delve into a totally new subject and challenge your perspectives over a beer with like-minded Londoners. Funzing has always encouraged you to do something different with your free time, so we say do just that – you never know where it may lead you!